Review of the Akiles CombMac-EX
There are hundreds of comb binding machines on the market. How do you decide which to choose? Pro-Binding thinks you can’t go wrong with the Akiles CombMac-EX. The Akiles CombMac-EX makes binding Plastic Combs fast, easy, convenient and professional. It is the ideal machine for customers that have medium volume workloads. The CombMac-EX is a more cost effective solution for those customers that don’t have the production requirements needed for an Akiles CombMac-24E system..
The CombMac-EX was built on the same platform as the CombMac-24E but with a smaller motor so there is a lower cost. The Akiles CombMac-EX is perfect for those customers looking for a high quality machine with a limited budget and mid volume workloads.
Here are a few of the key features:
- Depth Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each wire/comb size. Maximizes document tear resistance
- Open Punching Throat: For punching of longer documents
- Large Capacity Waste Drawer
- Side Margin Control: Provides evenly centered punch for all document sizes
- Die Disengagement Pins: All dies can be independently disengaged. This allows punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation
- Reverse Jam Release for trouble free punching
- CE Certification: All components certified and approved by CE for the most stringent safe requirements
- High Volume Punching Capacity: Up to 25 sheets 20lbs paper (Letter Size)
- Foot Pedal Operated
Here is a YouTube video of the Akiles CombMac-EX. Remember to always use with high quality Plastic Combs from Pro-Binding.com