How to use the Akiles WireMac-E
Pro-Binding is the best place to get an Akiles WireMac-E. The Akiles WireMac-E has a heavy duty punch motor and complete system of functions that make wire binding fast, easy, convenient and professional. It is the ideal partner for commercial volume workloads.
Here are the steps to use the Akiles WireMac-E followed by its features and a how to demo.
The first step is adjusting the punch for your paper size and the margin depth for your document thickness. After you adjusted the two settings punch some scrap paper and make sure it looks right. You will have a half hole at the end of the document if this is the first time setting it up. Pull out the correct die pin to disengage that pin (look at the guides for further assistance).
After adjusting the machine to the appropriate settings, press the foot pedal to begin punching. The foot pedal makes it easy to hold the document in place while being punched.
After punching the documents, it is time to close the wires. Select the proper wire size by measuring the wire in the diameter scale on the front of the machine. Put the wire on the machine’s wire rack with the open part facing-up. With this feature you can punch 20 or so sheets, place them on the wire, punch 20 more, place them on the wire and continue until your document is done. (If you punch and load the document on the wire from last page to first, with the front cover going on second to last, and the back cover going face down last, after binding the back cover around the back cover will conceal the binding seam.)
Finally, move the document to the closer. Make sure the closer is set to the proper diameter wire. Use the lever to crimp the wire into a perfect circle. Your document is now complete.
If you need to open a wire, use our Wire Opening Tool. It is very handy for anyone that does a lot of binding.
The WireMac-E is available in two versions: the WireMac-E31 has a 3:1 pitch for documents from ¼” to ½” and the WireMac-E21 is 2:1 pitch for documents up to to 1 ½” thick.
Features of the Akiles WireMac-E
- Die Disengagement Pins:For a clean and complete punching with different paper sizes.
• Side Margin Control:Provides and evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
• Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets.
• Foot Pedal Operated
• Diameter Scale: Measures document’s thickness in order to select best wire size option.
• Wire Closer Control: With continuous adjusting scale for an exact and secure closure every time.
• Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
• Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each coil size.
• Heavy-Duty Punch Motor: Single punches up to 20 sheets of paper (20 lbs).
• Reverse (Anti-Jam) Function: For trouble free punching.
• Waste Drawer
• 1 Year Warranty
Pro-Binding always recommends using our high quality Wire Binding Supplies. We start with better wire, box them using tangle free packaging, and they are priced better than the wire other online vendors import from over seas!